Associate Membersip is for all other interested civil society organisations, including potential Social Firms.
Find out here how and why to join.
How to join
- Complete an 'Associate' new member application form (if you believe you are a Social Firm/emerging Social Firm and should be a Full member, let us know this on your form and we will make contact with you about this).
- Return this to Social Firms UK along with a cheque for the appropriate amount or a request to be invoiced. Either post it to: Social Firms UK, Suite 2, Victoria House, 10 Brighton Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 6QZ, or email it to:
- We'll send you a welcome pack and membership certificate and sign you up for membership benefits.
There's so much to gain from joining the growing swell of 300 or so Social Firms UK members. Our members describe us as 'informative, supportive and friendly' (find out more about what they say about us). Join them in enjoying the following member benefits:
Both Associate and Full members receive the following benefits:
- Help and advice on becoming/running a Social Firm;
- FREE Social Firm status assessment on request;
- Reduced delegate fees at the Social Firms UK annual conference and any other seminars/events held during the year;
- FREE DIY Feasibility Toolkit (£90 to non-members). This helps groups or individuals examine for themselves the feasibility of their business idea and assess whether or not it has the potential to work. Although originally designed for the development of Social Firms, it is an ideal resource for anyone considering the development of a social enterprise. The DIY approach to business feasibility not only saves money on hiring in external expertise but also empowers staff in increasing their sense of ownership of the business and trains them in business feasibility;
- FREE Third Sector Performance Dashboard (£90 to non-members). This is a user-friendly performance management tool, designed to enable organisations in the third sector to monitor their progress against objectives and report on actual performance. The tool comes complete with templates and samples for organisations to use or adapt as required;
- FREE downloads of useful HR templates and sample documents;
- Reduced rates for other useful toolkits, templates and resources e.g. Guide to Charities starting Social Firms (non-members £20, members £10), Template Mem & Arts for a Social Firm Share CIC, or company limited by guarantee (non-members £20, members £10) etc.
- Access to the online Members Forum including discussion board;
- Regular news updates on the sector;
- Significant discount on subscription of Social Enterprise Magazine;
- Access to membership rates of the Social Enterprise Coalition (SEC), which gives discounted rates at their events and discounts on their publications.
- usage of the 'Member of Social Firms UK' logo (only for Associate members signing up for three year membership);
- support and association with the lobbying and awareness-raising work of Social Firms UK to develop and grow the Social Firms sector in the UK.