Home | Contact Us | Directory | Search | Site Map

Where Can I Find Information About Benefits Allowances And General Benefits Advice?

The Social Firms UK Resource Centre has a wide range of material about benefits, which can be rented or bought. Alternatively visit Job Centre Plus and enter ‘benefits’ into the site search for information regarding various benefit allowances.

Several new leaflets have been produced to help explain various the links between benefits and work. All have been written by benefits and work expert, Judy Scott and are available to download from the Resource Centre of the Social Firms UK website as follows:

Considering Self-Employment/Setting Up A Micro-Enterprise - A Guide For Those On Incapacity Benefits (August 2007)
It is possible to be self-employed while you are in receipt of incapacity benefits under certain conditions. In this leaflet, Judy Scott explains how.

Permitted Work (June 2007)
This leaflet explains what Permitted Work is and how it works.

The 104 Week Benefit Linking Rule
(June 2007)
This leaflet explains the 104 Week Benefit Linking Rule which protects benefit rates when you start work or training.

Using Working Tax Credit As An Alternative Income To Incapacity Benefits When Starting Up Self-Employment (June 2007)
This leaflet explains why you might want to use Working Tax Credit instead of Incapacity Benefit when starting up self-employment and how to do so.

Where Can I Find Information About Benefits Allowances And General Benefits Advice?

Back to What Is A Social Firm?

>What Is A Social Firm?

>What Is The Difference Between Social Firms And Social Enterprises?

>What Is The History Of The Social Firm Movement?

>What Are The Main Issues Facing Social Firms At The Moment?

>How Do I Set Up A Social Firm? Is There Any Guidance On The Structure, Finance And How It Should Be Run?

>I Have An Idea For a Social Firm. How Can I Tell If It Will Work?

>Is There An Accreditation System To Show You Are A Social Firm?

>What Types Of Training And Business Support Are Available To Social Firms?

>How Can We Externalise Our Project From The Local Authority? Are There Any Examples Of When This Has Been Done Successfully?

>I Run A Social Firm. Can You Recommend An Insurance Company Sympathetic To Social Firms?

>Is There A List Of Consultants Who Have Expertise In Social Firms?

>Where Can I Find A List Of Social Firms In My Region?

>How Can I Find A Job In A Social Firm?

>What Work Options Are There For A Disabled Person Following A Long Period Of Unemployment?

>What If A Private Investor Wants To Get Involved In Setting Up A Social Firm?

>Are There Organisations Equivalent To Social Firms UK In Other Countries?

>I Am Coming To The UK And Am Interested In Comparing Social Firms Here To Those In My Country. Is It Possible To Visit Any Social Firms?

>What Are The Issues About Having Trustees With Learning Difficulties?

>What Is A CIC (Community Interest Company)?

>What Is A Social Entrepreneur?

>Why Should I Join Social Firms UK?

>How Do Social Firms Sit Within The Spectrum Of Employment Provision For Disabled People?

>What Are The Likely Other Sources Of Finance For Social Firms?

>Why Was The Definition Of A Social Firm Broadened To The 'Severely Disadvantaged' In 2006

>What Is A Social Enterprise And What Types Are There?

Investors In People

www.socialfirms.co.uk | Tel: +44 01737 764021 | Terms & Conditions | Site by nornir