There is already a wealth of advice and information about general business development in the social enterprise sector. So 'The Extra Elements: A Social Firm Trainer' has been has been designed purely to fill the gaps specific to setting up and running a Social Firm that they don't cover. It is therefore a tool that is complimentary to, and should be used alongside, what is already available. It is split into six parts:
- Introduction & acknowledgements
- A: What is a Social Firm?
- B: How does starting and growing a Social Firm differ from other business development?
- C: Developing the right organisational structure for a Social Firm
- D: Raising appropriate start-up funding for a Social Firm
- E: Developing supplimentary income streams
- F: Developing a supportive workplace.