The Office for Civil Society (OCS) are supporting Ministers in their commitment to:
- make it easier to run a charity, social enterprise or voluntary organisation;
- get more resources into the sector and strengthen its independence and resilience; and
- make it easier for sector organisations to work with the state.
The OCS works across government to translate the Big Society vision into practical policies and to deliver a radical change in the relationship between citizen and state. OCS reports to the Informal Ministerial group on Big Society and to the Home Affairs Cabinet Committee.
The OCS was created in the Cabinet Office in May 2010. The OCS structure includes the following five teams:
- Big Society Policy and Analysis
- Public Services
- Charities and Sector Support
- Social Investment and Social Enterprise
- Social Action
Social Firms UK is a strategic partner to the OCS in a 'Social Enterpreneurship Partnership' with the School for Social Entrepreneurs, UnLtd, CAN and the Plunkett Foundation. http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/news/office-civil-society-appoints-strategic-partners